Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Looking for answers, new to contract sweep

Depends on the size of your balls are they olives or pickle jars as a contractor you're on your own with no support. All you have is your word if it,s no good you,re hosed I started out in this business in 1980 with a 1969 chevy truck a sears rebuilt drill a screw driver and a hammer. Today I,am very well off and suppport a staff of over 50 employees if you are willing to put in the hours and take responability for what happens without blaming everyone for your problems then go for it, otherwise stay where you are. Good luck cable has been very good to me and I can think of no other industry where someone with so little can go so far.

> Gents and Ladies, I need to pick your brains for a moment. I am a 13 year vetaran of CATV from the MSO side. I am tired of waiting for the guy above me to drop so I can get a promotion. I have made some primary contacts in the industry and I have more questions than answers.
> I am looking for info on sweep and cert. Yes, I am very experienced. I swept old Jerrold plant when it was 450 MHz to 40 amps deep, and I have been working the upgraded plant for 4 years now forward and reverse.
> The questions I have are: 1) What is the going price for sweep and certification? What does ownership of truck and tools/ meter do to that price? What type of insurance coverage do y'all get? What about health insurance?
> I have given this a lot of thought, and I think that even with the problems I've seen on this forum there is a better future as a flexible outsourced sweep tech than as #536 in line for a promotion at the eye and ear. Feel free to respond to me off list at (-REDACTED-)
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Tremayn
This is CABL.com posting #67254. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrEU
Posted in reply to: Looking for answers, new to contract sweep by ex.Company Guy
There are 0 replies to this message