Create your free account now! Sign up

Looking for answers, new to contract sweep

Gents and Ladies, I need to pick your brains for a moment. I am a 13 year vetaran of CATV from the MSO side. I am tired of waiting for the guy above me to drop so I can get a promotion. I have made some primary contacts in the industry and I have more questions than answers.
I am looking for info on sweep and cert. Yes, I am very experienced. I swept old Jerrold plant when it was 450 MHz to 40 amps deep, and I have been working the upgraded plant for 4 years now forward and reverse.
The questions I have are: 1) What is the going price for sweep and certification? What does ownership of truck and tools/ meter do to that price? What type of insurance coverage do y'all get? What about health insurance?
I have given this a lot of thought, and I think that even with the problems I've seen on this forum there is a better future as a flexible outsourced sweep tech than as #536 in line for a promotion at the eye and ear. Feel free to respond to me off list at (-REDACTED-)
Thanks in advance for your help,

Tremayn
This is CABL.com posting #67237. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrED
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Looking for answers, new to contract sweep Butch Cassidy 4/3/2002 1:15:00 AM