Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: direct tv & echostar (dish network) merger,sending signals anywhere(rur

Cox ,TCI ??? It's irrelevant who owned the company the name on the checks I cashed said primestar. So did the side of my truck. But those were the old days I haven't done a residential install in years. I'll leave the small fries for the little guys.

I agree stand next to the AC unit best place for a reading hehehe but then again why bother spending a 170 bucks enter the zip code in the reciever get a compass and set the elevation on the pole. I always wondered why people paid me to do such a simple task.

As far as the splitters I only use regular splitters after the signal is processed and leaves the headend but i can reminisce.. I made a lot of long trips for a splitter swap in my time. It's funny that so many that know cable are learning satellite and it happened the exact opposite for me. To be honest there isn't much money left in satellite either. The market is saturated. I got out of residential installations when i had to start selling the product i was installing Or go to work for some small time guy with a trailer selling satellites on the side of the road who had to buy his dishes before he knows where he will sell them. It was much better when the work orders came straight from the manufacturer to my fax machine with no selling involved. 4 dishes a day at 250 a pop makes for a good living.

Now I run cable year round and satellite is a very small part of the big picture. MDU's boys MDU's
This is CABL.com posting #66814. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrxO
There is 1 reply to this message