Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: direct tv & echostar (dish network) merger,sending signals anywhere(rur

> thanks for the info,food for thought,Hey what the heck is an inclonometer? i would imagine it reads from what direction signal is strongest.any help.
>
> > actually the fcc announced last wenesday that if dtv and dish megethat the local market would stay as it is however if they DONOT merge the fcc said they would release any local channel that is engineered in any way to satellite. so as cable guys you should be all for the merger , the stock holders are reconviening to revote because of this - looks like no merger and dtv & dish will be launching 2 more birds @ this year so as to have enough bandwidth to handle all local programming.it is probably a good time to start learning to work on transponders and dishes:0)
> >
> >
> > > write your congress man aposing this merger,The fact that with this monoply the two companies with combined cash will send two transponding(orbital satelites)over n.america giving them the capability to allow the 30% of rural america in 19 states,210 cities, a broadband high speed access including free local channels.this is benifical to our concern.I mean i dont work on transponders or sattelites. write senator Orin Hatch,congress needs to realize the only people who will benefit from this are direct and dish. this could hurt the market for growth in cable.
This is CABL.com posting #66799. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrxz
There is 1 reply to this message