Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: empirebuilder..........

Empire, I agree with you that this country was founded based on Christian principles. Where I completely and thoroughly disagree with you is in your belief that the forefathers wanted the government to be run by and/or influenced by the Christian church. The U.S. Constitution provided for our government to be influenced by properly elected CHRISTIANS, but NOT by ANY church! And, by the same token, that very same U.S. Constitution provided for our government to be influenced by properly elected men/women of ANY religious background or belief, and NOT their church! This IS America, and the reason that it IS America, is because we were born and bred on the principles of allowing EVERY person to practice ANY religion they believe is right, which includes practicing NO religion.

Although I firmly believe that God-fearing men and women tend to make far better decisions than those who don't believe in God, you could not be more wrong in thinking that the only people that should be allowed in government are those that do. IF that were the case, then sir, we would have a government that would be the exact opposite of the government that was designed and set forth by the U.S. Constitution. And, the U.S. Constitution was written by our forefathers, which means sir, that they envisioned exactly that!

> You couldnt be more wrong "dood". While Buckster apparently gets all of his info from one website, I have come up with my own info from books (remember those?) and articles. I didnt really have time to put together an essay on the subject so I borrowed from some of papers written in college. As for my religous beliefs, I am unaffiliated because i choose to interpret according to my own spiritual beliefs. I think my point flew over your head, but you get out of it what you want. This country was founded on Christian principles, NOT Buddist, NOT hindu, NOT Judaism. The liberals in this country would like to see these other religions prosper at the expense of Christianity. Have a happy Easter!
>
> > Buckster, I address you first: BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO! (Sorry, seems as though I have nothing to add? LOL)
> >
> > empirebuilder......
> >
> > You have GOT to be a member of an "Independent, Bible-believing, Fundamental Baptist Church", correct?? I am very much a God-fearing Christian myself, but, my friend, do your own research. Quit listening to whatever is spoon-fed to you from a pulpit! The very point you are trying to make in your writing (or copy/paste, whatever) is absolutely obliterated by YOUR OWN WRITING!
> >
> > Although I by no means agree with some of the "scientific" BS that is taught in our public schools today, I can also in no way agree with mandated prayer of Biblical study in PUBLIC schools. That is why this IS America!
This is CABL.com posting #66785. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mrxl
Posted in reply to: Re: Buckster........empirebuilder.......... by empirebuilder
There are 0 replies to this message