Create your free account now! Sign up

Need advice from a prime contractor

I am a sub who was working for a Prime on a rather good project. The Prime became victim to poor management and very bad subs. There were several times when the cable company was going to let the Prime go, However let them stay if they would release all other contractors they had working for them except Three, Myself and two others being the three. After doing clean up work and getting things where the prime was back in good standings but still under pressure the prime brought back some subs and again got into trouble. The prime asked that all subs bring in all stock for inventory on Friday and would be going back to work on Tuesday, so we all did just what they wanted. Then come to find out The Prime walked the contract. I didnt get a call from the Prime I found out through another contractor on Saturday. In the mean time I have 18 good quality contractors wanting to work. I go to get work from someother prime since my contract was voided by my prime or to look into the possibility of going direct and am told to stay out of the system for 90 days or my last checks would be held. The cable company wants me in the system other Primes want to use me and my guys. What should I do. I have went the extra mile paying for hotel rooms for my guys since November loaning them $ to keep them going and paying for gas to keep them on the road only to have the prime pull out because they had bad management that killed them. Now we are all out of work im almost broke and my guys are looking at me asking why. If anyone has any real information please let me know. If anyone has work for good quality MDU guys please call me. I have one good mapper, several complete MDU contractors, several good splicer/sweep contractors and over all a bunch of really good guys that just want to work call me Jack Garrett 678-794-2991
This is CABL.com posting #62957. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mqxB
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Need advice from a prime contractor hauss623 3/1/2002 9:46:00 PM
Re: Need advice from a prime contractor Las Vegas Cable 3/1/2002 1:03:00 AM
Re: Need advice from a prime contractor C. Martin 2/28/2002 1:25:00 PM