Create your free account now! Sign up

Thanks Fran

I did what you said, that did the trick. Thanks again, I owe ya one.
>If you are running Windows 98, here is what you can do;
>Click on START, RUN
>Type in MSCONFIG, answer OK
>Check SELECTIVE START UP, APPLY
>Select the STARTUP tab at the top of the window
>Find the WNAD file(s) and uncheck it/them.
>Click APPLY then OK
>You will need to reboot now, after that, you will be able to delete the WNAD files.
>Good luck.
>
>
>
>>I also found those files a couple weeks ago. Tried to delete them, but it wont let me delete one of them, says its being used by a windows program. I emailed the webmaster of twisted humor, told them I wasnt happy about their wnad crap and did not agree to it being installed. heres what they sent back;
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>In response to your inquiry regarding the wnad popup software,
>> please know that it is a necessary function which supports our efforts.
>> While it was specifically mentioned in the installation and license agreement,
>> it bears repeating that, in order to keep our games free and still feed our developers,
>>we must enable some sort of revenue generation. This in turn allows us to do our part in
>>building our donations and moving toward toward our relief effort goals.
>>Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy playing Yo Mamma, Osama!
>> If you do not wish to help support future games like Yo Mamma Osama, please click here to uninstall wnad:
>>
>>http://www.twistedhumor.com/games/osama/wnad_unistall.exe >>
>>I go to this link and it crashes my computer. Do these people suck, or what? I need to clean out my computer anyway and re-install stuff. I'm sure that will cure it. Thanks for the response and have a fine day!
>>>Try this:
>>>Do a hard drive search for any files named "wnad"
>>>There should be two of them one is a DOS file, the other is an executable [.exe] file. Delete both of them. It worked for me.
>>>Fran
>>>
>>>>I downloaded the game a few weeks ago. The game is ok, but now my computer goes to some ad they put out just about everyday, must have some program hidden in the download. I uninstalled the game, but still goes to the ads everyday. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?
>>>>
>>>>>Go to http://www.twistedhumor.com and download a free game called "Yo Momma Osama" its free. Then you get to shoot him yourself!
>>>
>
This is CABL.com posting #55927. Tiny Link: cabl.co/moId
Posted in reply to: Re:to Fran and anybody else with the problem by franmc
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:Thanks Fran franmc 12/10/2001 8:34:00 AM