Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:to Fran and anybody else with the problem

If you are running Windows 98, here is what you can do;
Click on START, RUN
Type in MSCONFIG, answer OK
Check SELECTIVE START UP, APPLY
Select the STARTUP tab at the top of the window
Find the WNAD file(s) and uncheck it/them.
Click APPLY then OK
You will need to reboot now, after that, you will be able to delete the WNAD files.
Good luck.

>I also found those files a couple weeks ago. Tried to delete them, but it wont let me delete one of them, says its being used by a windows program. I emailed the webmaster of twisted humor, told them I wasnt happy about their wnad crap and did not agree to it being installed. heres what they sent back;
>
>Hello,
>
>In response to your inquiry regarding the wnad popup software,
> please know that it is a necessary function which supports our efforts.
> While it was specifically mentioned in the installation and license agreement,
> it bears repeating that, in order to keep our games free and still feed our developers,
>we must enable some sort of revenue generation. This in turn allows us to do our part in
>building our donations and moving toward toward our relief effort goals.
>Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy playing Yo Mamma, Osama!
> If you do not wish to help support future games like Yo Mamma Osama, please click here to uninstall wnad:
>
>http://www.twistedhumor.com/games/osama/wnad_unistall.exe >
>I go to this link and it crashes my computer. Do these people suck, or what? I need to clean out my computer anyway and re-install stuff. I'm sure that will cure it. Thanks for the response and have a fine day!
>>Try this:
>>Do a hard drive search for any files named "wnad"
>>There should be two of them one is a DOS file, the other is an executable [.exe] file. Delete both of them. It worked for me.
>>Fran
>>
>>>I downloaded the game a few weeks ago. The game is ok, but now my computer goes to some ad they put out just about everyday, must have some program hidden in the download. I uninstalled the game, but still goes to the ads everyday. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?
>>>
>>>>Go to http://www.twistedhumor.com and download a free game called "Yo Momma Osama" its free. Then you get to shoot him yourself!
>>
This is CABL.com posting #55856. Tiny Link: cabl.co/moG4
Posted in reply to: to Fran and anybody else with the problem by Prowire
There is 1 reply to this message
Thanks Fran Prowire 12/8/2001 7:11:00 AM