Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:P.S.

Remember design is an estimated number, using maximum losses on cable and passives. The actual input to amps will very rarely match the design. Typically the pads will be higher and the EQ's will be lower. I used to teach a class on the Gainmakers thru SA and the way we would teach others was to pad for your min input and interstage pad for your output. The reason for this was that there is no sure thing that your hybrids have all the same gain. So, if you try and pad on the input for the output levels you could get different outputs out of your different legs. Hope that helps, any questions call me @ Mark 770-513-3015.

>if the amps are setup right to begin with, your inputs should match the design, thus already calculated for THAT level. if you need to bring that level down in order to get to the design level, something is wrong. bad cable or bad personnel activating/splicing. IF you have the correct level out of the 1st amp, it all should fall into place.
>
>
>>We are having a problem with setting up the forward levels. Some are under the idea that you should calculate your min. input levels to the first chip, pad for that, then pad each output leg to make up the diffrence.
>> The S.A. manual says to only use the main input pad to get desired output levels. And leave the IS pads and output pads as they originaly came from the factory?
>> Can anyone shed any light on this problem?
>> P.S. this is the latest GainMaker series.
This is CABL.com posting #49194. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mmXC
Posted in reply to: Re:P.S. by Splicer Life 4me
There are 0 replies to this message