Create your free account now! Sign up

re: lawton okla

Yea guy's, its been plenty hot even in the mid west where we are. I have been doing this s t since middle 60's. So I know about the changes too. Don't just hit the old water jug, have a soft drink or fruit drinks around as well. You will find you will be more refreshed. It don't hurt to take a brake under a shade tree every now and then too. I got too hot a few years ago working underground in a trailer court and could not get a breeze between the trailers. I still can't take much heat. Of course getting close to 60 don't help either. I still love it and will probably die in a ditch that I just dug. Take care guy's and stay COOL

>billdog, plenty hot!! nothing I haven’t been in before or won't be in again is
>part of the job , I got to hot two years ago, chasing down a bad fitting
>and it's deadly. I don't have ac either, work is all around our front yard
>but people are getting weird and greedy. your comment about prioritizing
>is out of line. You have no information to guess about my life. I also took lower
>pay to keep working. Then all of a sudden there is days where I wasn't even making
>my groundhands pay, because of scraps and slop. they said it will even out
>MY ASS. I do not work for deficits. especially ones that occur while pulling 875 trunk
>down easements.
>
>
>flh76shovel: first of all the last guy that called me a pussy, was a punk who had to
>smoke a cigarette after climbing every time, besides almost killing me through stupidity.
>What is your credibility? I am not going to argue with everybody that takes a dislike to a
>comment I wrote. but you seem self arrogant so lets see what kind of person is calling
>me a pussy just a teeny bit about me. I have been in the business 6 yrs full time plus 8
>part time communications, I made it all the way to subcontracting fairly quick in spite of
>rough odds. I got into this business cleaning up other peoples slop for $5.00hr. talk about
>something that sucks. I have done Arial , underground cable, build, splice, activate,
>power supplies, telephone Arial, underground. Have you every lashed bell Mr. call me a
>pussy? ever pulled 3600 pair telephone cable underground?
>I have built and maintenance microwave, uhf, vhf antennas. built fiber cable asst. fiber
>splicers and proofers, used TDRs and spectrum analyzers, have built and maintenced
>open wire at Ft Sill have worked at the 90ft level both off of hooks and out of a bucket
>and 125 on towers.
>
>what do you mean you gave up on us boys long ago? don't lump me in with a bunch of
>dead beats and dead heads. I have made it where so many others haven't!
>
>If you have not heard of anyone dying because of the heat your hearing is as bad as your
>arrogance . Of course I know how to drink water I have been working outside all of my
>life. I have two five gallon gotts and several 1 and 2 gallon on site with me and you start
>drinking early in the morning.
>
>I don't sit around the motel, I work 8-10hr days plus weekends when needed. I was there
>three days with a perfectly good bucket truck and I never turned a screw. Nobody is
>going to tell me I have to work 12 hrs especially when they don't have it together. I
>noticed that y'all did not put the mandatory 12 hr days on the ad and i felt I should let
>people know Grow-up?? Get a life?? who the hell are you? What a loser; not even close.
>I am so tired of going some place and finding it bassackwards from what they tell me on
>the phone.
>
>I have worked inhouse.. NEVER AGAIN
>I am planning on getting out of the business. Pricing is going down, motels and BS are
>going up! several times I was on a job site earlier this year with a crew and truck ready
>to work, what was I given scraps!!! again!!! where is the jerks that left the scraps out
>doing fresh meat and leaving fresh scraps. I did several scraps in the spirit of finishing
>the node so we can get another node. didn't even make my groundhands money; several
>times. But I knew it would be a continuous thing and you know something
>whoever you are it always will be!! So come on now what are you doing in-house; or
>have you even tried subbing?
>
>Check this out everbody. Earlier this year I found work near my house. GREAT! I shook
>the guys hand and reached a deal. where I was going to splice for him. GREAT!
>He said 5,000 retainage and two week turn around on the invoicing. Very Rich most
>everybody else is about 1500. yet I have seen so much left by hackers that I could not
>blame the man for covering himself. so I took his contract home and read it. I found a
>paragraph that read: " contractor must give 30 days written notice to modify or terminate
>this contract which must be mutually agreed by both parties in writing. failure to properly
>notify in writing will be cause for contractor to forfeit finally payment and all retainage
>due." Well me being the easy going guy that I am; my first thought was better make
>damn sure you give him 30 days notice and then I thought wait a minute, I did not even
>have to look at any other contacts to know that same paragraph read " all work must be
>approved by company or representative of company before all retainage are released"
>BIGGGGGG Difference. So I called him up about it, and he said change 30 days to 14
>days. I told him I was not signing anything that forfeit in it. and if he took it out maybe
>we could work a deal. Well he didn't want to take it out but he did want his maps back.
>FINE but I shook his hand. GROSS!!!!! Now if it had been ten yrs ago I would had been
>wise enough to catch it , but nieve enough to sign it thinking all I had to was give him his
>30 day notice.
>Do you understand what I am saying or are you to busy running your mouth to know what
>is going on. I have the last laugh I saw him working the same line
>with four different crews and they still didn't get it right .
>So now put your stuff on the board so all of us salty vets can see what you are made of.
>If Joe cool sounds arrogant it is because love to splice was already taken. So call me
>another vet leaving the business because of all the BS>
Looking for Bart with Hoosiere Cable. Anyone have a good phone number?
This is CABL.com posting #47191. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mmrj
Posted in reply to: re: lawton okla by joecool
There are 0 replies to this message