Create your free account now! Sign up

re: lawton okla

billdog, plenty hot!! nothing I haven’t been in before or won't be in again is
part of the job , I got to hot two years ago, chasing down a bad fitting
and it's deadly. I don't have ac either, work is all around our front yard
but people are getting weird and greedy. your comment about prioritizing
is out of line. You have no information to guess about my life. I also took lower
pay to keep working. Then all of a sudden there is days where I wasn't even making
my groundhands pay, because of scraps and slop. they said it will even out
MY ASS. I do not work for deficits. especially ones that occur while pulling 875 trunk
down easements.

flh76shovel: first of all the last guy that called me a pussy, was a punk who had to
smoke a cigarette after climbing every time, besides almost killing me through stupidity.
What is your credibility? I am not going to argue with everybody that takes a dislike to a
comment I wrote. but you seem self arrogant so lets see what kind of person is calling
me a pussy just a teeny bit about me. I have been in the business 6 yrs full time plus 8
part time communications, I made it all the way to subcontracting fairly quick in spite of
rough odds. I got into this business cleaning up other peoples slop for $5.00hr. talk about
something that sucks. I have done Arial , underground cable, build, splice, activate,
power supplies, telephone Arial, underground. Have you every lashed bell Mr. call me a
pussy? ever pulled 3600 pair telephone cable underground?
I have built and maintenance microwave, uhf, vhf antennas. built fiber cable asst. fiber
splicers and proofers, used TDRs and spectrum analyzers, have built and maintenced
open wire at Ft Sill have worked at the 90ft level both off of hooks and out of a bucket
and 125 on towers.

what do you mean you gave up on us boys long ago? don't lump me in with a bunch of
dead beats and dead heads. I have made it where so many others haven't!

If you have not heard of anyone dying because of the heat your hearing is as bad as your
arrogance . Of course I know how to drink water I have been working outside all of my
life. I have two five gallon gotts and several 1 and 2 gallon on site with me and you start
drinking early in the morning.

I don't sit around the motel, I work 8-10hr days plus weekends when needed. I was there
three days with a perfectly good bucket truck and I never turned a screw. Nobody is
going to tell me I have to work 12 hrs especially when they don't have it together. I
noticed that y'all did not put the mandatory 12 hr days on the ad and i felt I should let
people know Grow-up?? Get a life?? who the hell are you? What a loser; not even close.
I am so tired of going some place and finding it bassackwards from what they tell me on
the phone.

I have worked inhouse.. NEVER AGAIN
I am planning on getting out of the business. Pricing is going down, motels and BS are
going up! several times I was on a job site earlier this year with a crew and truck ready
to work, what was I given scraps!!! again!!! where is the jerks that left the scraps out
doing fresh meat and leaving fresh scraps. I did several scraps in the spirit of finishing
the node so we can get another node. didn't even make my groundhands money; several
times. But I knew it would be a continuous thing and you know something
whoever you are it always will be!! So come on now what are you doing in-house; or
have you even tried subbing?

Check this out everbody. Earlier this year I found work near my house. GREAT! I shook
the guys hand and reached a deal. where I was going to splice for him. GREAT!
He said 5,000 retainage and two week turn around on the invoicing. Very Rich most
everybody else is about 1500. yet I have seen so much left by hackers that I could not
blame the man for covering himself. so I took his contract home and read it. I found a
paragraph that read: " contractor must give 30 days written notice to modify or terminate
this contract which must be mutually agreed by both parties in writing. failure to properly
notify in writing will be cause for contractor to forfeit finally payment and all retainage
due." Well me being the easy going guy that I am; my first thought was better make
damn sure you give him 30 days notice and then I thought wait a minute, I did not even
have to look at any other contacts to know that same paragraph read " all work must be
approved by company or representative of company before all retainage are released"
BIGGGGGG Difference. So I called him up about it, and he said change 30 days to 14
days. I told him I was not signing anything that forfeit in it. and if he took it out maybe
we could work a deal. Well he didn't want to take it out but he did want his maps back.
FINE but I shook his hand. GROSS!!!!! Now if it had been ten yrs ago I would had been
wise enough to catch it , but nieve enough to sign it thinking all I had to was give him his
30 day notice.
Do you understand what I am saying or are you to busy running your mouth to know what
is going on. I have the last laugh I saw him working the same line
with four different crews and they still didn't get it right .
So now put your stuff on the board so all of us salty vets can see what you are made of.
If Joe cool sounds arrogant it is because love to splice was already taken. So call me
another vet leaving the business because of all the BS>
hello im trying to get a phone # or email for GTS in Ga, if anybody has it i would appreciate it, email at
This is CABL.com posting #47021. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mmoz
There are 2 replies to this message
re: lawton okla Winkey 8/11/2001 7:08:00 PM
re: lawton okla BillDog 8/11/2001 5:38:00 PM