Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Need answer to a question

I give it to you as straight as I can,  you might be screwed.  Depending upon the state your are in, a verbal agreement might not be enforcable.  If it is you do have regress for your money, but it will take several months if not longer.  As I am sure you know if it is not in writing it becomes your word against theirs.  I can almost bet that there was one of you and several of them,  they will outnumber you.As for your rate being in writing, that will only apply to work completed and invoiced, the day you raise the flag, will also be the day the rate probably changes.  As for moneys due, I don't know what type of work you do, there are a few options open depending on the type of construction or design that you do.  I have dealt with many people in your situation and there is a fifty/fifty chance in resolving this in a reasonable manner.

Be absolutely sure you behave proffesionally and as calm as possible,  once you blow up, you lose any chance of getting your money fast or on time.  If you have to proceed with action, your biggest obstacle will be jurisdictional issues with the court.  Most of us live and work all aound the country,  if the court does not have power over the two companies, i.e. operates in the same state, you will have to go to federal court.  The biggest downside is cost,  these crooks know you don't have 5,000 to spend on getting 10,000 back.  Wish you luck, if you have a question call me at 318-773-4349

This is CABL.com posting #44839. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mlPn
Posted in reply to: Need answer to a question by Fiber Fly
There are 0 replies to this message