Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:reasons why

The smartest thing I heard on this Bar this far. I am not a splicer, but it applies to all in the CATV industry.
Thank you.

>Over the past week or so I have spoken to a few people looking for good lineman. They seem to have trouble holding on to workers. Work a few days/weeks and are searching again.
>
>Has any of you wondered why that is?
>
>I have heard rates of .08 thru .14, these are rates of yesteryears.
>
>If you are serious about your contracts and want QUALITY workers you have to pay a better rate. Give them a reason to stay with you.
>Yes there are people out there accepting these rates and most likly you are getting what you pay for.
>
>If you want good work and steady employees you will have to start paying a bit better.
>
>Look at it this way, you can keep paying the low rates and keep looking every other week for a new employee, thus causing a lag in YOUR production because your truck is sitting empty, and no work is being done. And also going thru the headache of hiring new all the time and all the paper work.
>
>-OR-
>
>You can offer a better more reasonable rate and get some long term help. You will still make money and at a faster rate I would think because steady employee equals steady construction and work. Plus you would have fewer headaches dealing with new hires all the time.
>
>Just my thoughts on the situation. If anyone has a serious offer for an expierenced very qualified cable dawg let me know. In the mean time I am better off staying at home earning less but being with my family. There has to be an incentive to leave the comfort of a loving wife and kids that admire me.
>
This is CABL.com posting #40347. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mkEV
Posted in reply to: reasons why by pro splice
There is 1 reply to this message
Re:reasons why Fiber Fly 5/19/2001 6:12:00 PM