Create your free account now! Sign up

Ped mounted Commscope Mini-OTE 300 fiber taps

Does anyone have any experience with Commscope Mini-OTE 300 or similar, particularly for UG? We've been doing some EPON work that used MST's with a pre cut length of flat fiber that would be "home ran" back to the closest enclosure. 

Some of the new projects have switched to using an OTE (fiber tap and splice enclosure all in one) and running a 48ct fiber throughout the neighborhood. The idea is to midsheath/ring-cut every OTE directly onto the 48ct. The pedestals we are using for this are basically a tall 12x12 splitter/LE ped. We are being told to leave a 25' fiber coil inside each ped. I cant see this not exceeding the bend radius on a 48ct first of all, and second of all does it even fit? The OTE itself takes up space mounted to the side bar, and there will also be drops with excess fiber looped around. 

To my knowledge this is the first time using OTE's in this area, so none of the coordinators really know for sure and are just going by what they assume it should be. Every single photo I've seen, or doc I've read shows the fiber coming straight out of the bottom entry ports and into the conduits with a little bit of slack. The only fiber loops shown are for the small flat fiber drops. We are planning on splicing these from a table since most of the peds are more than 12.5' to the curb anyways.

Any insight would be appreciated!

This is CABL.com posting #391603. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbN2l
There is 1 reply to this message