Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Need info getting into fiber

Thank you all for getting back to me.  I am just noticing more and more stuff is going to fiber.  The more things change and go that way I will have to know it.  Never been a bookworm and understand having to know the basics which is true on anything.  I still claim I can point almost any satellite dish out there. C-Band, KA, KU, VSAT.  Not much in that field I don't know.  It's just an old almost dead world with lower pays.  Just like you guys in the other sides.  Ive heard you guys talking about lineman prices or MSOs and everything in between.  In reality I really want to know what is actually important in fiber.  Right now if you gave me the tools and told me to put on a fiber connector I wouldn't have a clue.  I also know that it obviously needs to be done right.  Just like an F connector with no shielding touching the center conductor.  Obviously it's not that easy, but again I really don't know.

Like you guys say quality over quantity.  I might not want to get into it "Seriously"  but if I can get to the point where I have a small inside company build and I can add on those connectors so they're within perfect, that is what I want to do.  If I have to cut the fiber 10 times to get it to where I can get a good splice on it thats fine by me.  I don't expect every connector to go on right the first time, but I do expect to do it over and over again until it hits with in the range of perfect before moving on to the next job.

So again thank you all for your comments and information.  One of the things I have loved about this place over the years

This is CABL.com posting #385489. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbMrJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Need info getting into fiber by yanksheels1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Need info getting into fiber yanksheels1 4/14/2021 1:31:31 PM