Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Are my sweep Specs too tight?

Switchman, N/2=2.0 is a GREAT SPEC for those of us that understand that sweeping is not just taking pic's at the AMP!
That there REALLY is "Cable, connectors and passives" between the points of AMPS!!!!!
That you REALLY do have to "WALK" futher than from your "Bucket truck" to the AMP for underground/easement or Bucket up to an AMP streetside!!!!!
Get my drift?
Yes, the spec is attainable IF your people do it "RIGHT" the first time by accually "Working the problems out"!!!

>A friend of mine in Florida is using S.A.II amps and has asked me to help him develope a peak to valley (Max -Min) spec. for his contractors. I came up with a very liberal N/2+2 (no using tilt comp) and the contractors are saying the spec. is too tight. Does anyone find this odd? After sweeping all over the country I think this spec.is more than achievable.
>Any sweep gods out there think I'm wrong? (Keep in mind this is a max of 4 amps deep and is an H.F.C. upgraded plant.) I would also like to get the specs. throughout the U.S. so tell me what is your spec for peak to valley.....Thanks for the Input.
>
>
>
This is CABL.com posting #37129. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjO1
Posted in reply to: Are my sweep Specs too tight? by switchman
There are 2 replies to this message
Re:Are my sweep Specs too tight? switchman 4/8/2001 12:02:00 PM