Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How Most Adelphia Jobs Are Run MR. CABLE LIFE

Yea ,there are alot of guys that feel the same way there out. The sad part about it is you have no who can even comprehend what your going through. Because they never been there themselves. Upgrades and rebuilds,and overbuilds are a whole other animal. It would be great if you could talk to some one about he problems and be there for support. You your self have to be carefull not to get to upset because it could upset the whole timing of the overall project(Dead Line). Then you find your job running herky jerky which makes it harder to keep on tract. I know you have no control over vendors(most contractos also). Because of there lips are moving there usally lying.. Fiber,electronics, Head end land and gear,permits etc can be out of your control sometimes. What I allways did is play the game right back on the contractor. And try to see problem comming in advanced this takes pratice of course. Remember what you said and they said during conversations and Gank them(clean up) when they lie to you. Most important is to draw a line between them and you. Until they understand you mean business. Alot of times you can turn contractors around as long as you ride them. As for those splicers thats another whole issue. Plan ahead and try have someone waiting in the wings to replace the ones you can't savage. It's a mind bending game you have to play to win. But you can do it catorgize each contruction application on a list stand,cable,power supplies,fiber,light, splicing, foward and return activation ect. And stick to a firing order the best you can. And allways keep the horse in front of the cart. I hope this helps some but I'm sure more man power would help more. What a laugh huh.
This is CABL.com posting #36468. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mjEm
Posted in reply to: How Most Adelphia Jobs Are Run MR. CABLE LIFE by BiG GUN
There are 0 replies to this message