Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena

I don't know the name of the program they are using, I am going off what I personally experienced and from that I was told. 
I went in for lower back problem, took me 4 months to get an appointment, got x-rayed 4 months later went back and the doctor said they could fuse part of my back. They said I would be in the hospital for 5 to 6 days. I ask if that was the only way and was told that what the program determined to be the best course of action.
Then the doctor said there was another less invasive procedure that could be done but the VA does not have it in it's system.
He gave me the doctors number and I went to see him on my own dime. They took me in x-rayed me again, the doctor called me into his office went over everything and we scheduled the procedure for two days later. The doctor did it in his clinic. Gave me a local made 3 one inch cuts removed some cartilage with a laser and sewed me up. Took an hour, I walked out of the clinic that day and was back to work the next. 
So the VA took almost 8 months to treat me, wanted to do major surgery on me that didn't need to be done, and was going to keep me in a hospital for a week. When the private doctor saw me and treated me in less than a week, avoided major surgery, and had me home the same day.
And you're pushing for single payer government run health care.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #364002. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGRa
Posted in reply to: Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: More Insurers Join Obamacare Arena ETA Trey9007 10/6/2014 2:07:18 PM