Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List?

Not a rookie either  and i too have over twenty years in. And anyone that knows me can atttest to the quality of my work, And at one time my partner and I had 17 splicers 10 bucket trucks.   But this isn't a pissing contest.  The one time it was mentioned I told them fine we'd leave.  Suddenly its not a problem anymore, Maybe that was a testament to the quality of our work.IDK (Boys those were the good old days, when we could do that and get away with it) But that shows what kind of Dumb a==== there were running some of these jobs. I can grab that fitting and hardly leave a mark with my channel locks.  And who cares if it has a mark they are really one time use anyway (if they arent a gilbert).  If the shrink doesn't pop it doesn't matter.  Good example of someone complicating someone elses life. Robo grips for dissassembly is cool but definately not for tightening they do mar.I did like crescent wrenches for hitting my channel locks when I had a fitting that didn't want to come off.  Unlike alot of the other splicers that would cut the cable behind the fitting and add a 3' extension, I would diassemble. recore it, and put it back in without a extension when possible.  The longer SA taps going in with the regal/anthronix taps coming out worked well in Tennessee, and N.C.  I always had bending boards, and jacksons, for my loops, and can still make a pretty undistinguishable hand bent loop. As you get older that jackson is more of your friend,  it is heavier but it helps to not have trunk elbows from screwing with the bending boards all day. Good luck which ever way you go
This is CABL.com posting #363032. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGBw
Posted in reply to: Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? by patriotspl
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? patriotspl 8/7/2014 7:15:24 AM