Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List?

@ pair of 410or420 CHANNELOCKS, Kliens will do but Definately Not the cheap ones. One pair of small CHANNEL LOCKS Once Again Not the Cheap Ones!!!!!. One pair of Klien needle Nose, A Pair of Banner Newman up476 "Banana Cutters" They also make a large pair that have blue handles they are great also.  Once again Kliens will do.  I like the Banana Cutters better. A pair of "nines" Kliens are the only ones to buy. A pair of  A pair of "Dikes" or Diagonal cutters Kliens are the best.  One Set of standard nutdrivers with the rubber grips. Kliens are the best but since they quit really coloring the back of the  handle and now only have the size in the color that indicates the size I don't buy them much anymore.  Crecsent makes a set that the whole handle is colored making it easy to identify size. They are cheap and good. Oh yeah throw the green one away I have never used it in Coax Splicing, although maybe there is something it fits now. A self igniting torch. A razor knife.  A pair of Y 190 or gator dielectric cleaner for the center conducter,  Bolt cutters for the locks that will not open, and drill bits to drill the  tumblers on damaged locks on the wall boxes. A good 18 volt dewalt drill preferably a hammer drill for anything you may come across. Ie quazite or cement drilling,  Also a set of drivers for the drill will be handy. Buy good ones!!! Coring tools are too many to list. 500,625, 750 and 875 are basics as well as what may be in the system you are working.  I probably have them all except the 11.5mm and  16.5mm or any other other metric coring tools.  I used a torch and hot cored those the few times I saw it. A 2lb "splicing hammer" haha everyone knows you a splicing hammer. A 8lb sledge hammer is also a useful tool for peds and ground rods.  A metal handle sledge works great for ground rods.  A bending board and a mechanical bender. Sure I have missed something but I splice fiber now(when I'm not farming) so Good luck you will probably need it to make a living splicing coax these days.
This is CABL.com posting #363016. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGBg
Posted in reply to: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? by cablemillsguy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CATV Splicing/Construction Tool List? patriotspl 8/6/2014 6:44:33 AM