Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: RIP Mel Bernich

Thanks for the private message from one of my old brothers here, like you said Duck leave the drama alone . I am my promise . But at the same time I will try my best to change things here. I use to be one of the problems , thats why the owner barred me from here for years . Im just lucky he is pure cable and allowed me back. Your comment Loco about the three to five , really jerked my chain . I am older now and in much better control of my temper . You were probably referring to Duck Cross . Who went away if I'm correct for taxes, if im wrong my apology Duck , he is out and back in this industry . I've never met anyone that said that he did not get paid in full for work they did for him . I've always heard he contracted projects and got the JOB DONE , thats the bottom line in Cable TV . I truthfully don't like being inhouse and have very few times in my life . I don't want paid by the hour , you can stretch hrs. pay me by what I've done other than storm damage thats different. I've been on this site since 1996 member #495 . It use to be a brotherhood sisterhood till greed took over. I could drop at least 40 names here of companies and men I've contracted under , I've been offered jobs as system mgr. by regional mgrs. I get the job done , bottom line . There are alot of things that cost the mother companies money and embarrasment . One of the reasons im not a system mgr. is you always have a boss you always have someone to answer too . You make projections , cost analysis , got stock holders in some cases to answer too . I don't want to deal with in experience an guessing , although there will always be GREEN BEANS in this industry and their is nothing wrong with being green as long as you believe in doing it the right way the first time . If you were contracting under me and and you didn't yellow flag my wall prints showing for what ever reason you left something incorrect I would back charge you for having to send QC out a second time , as long as I know you left something unfinished , then I don't have to embarresed at a meeting with the mother company because I was unaware of something left behind and the mother company sent out their QC and then their starts bad blood . Their should never be bad blood or embarrasment , it cost all concerened and that itself is embarrasing . I have said this before Cable TV is not rocket science . If you want to look at the Duck look me up on Facebook under Jerry Whitfield , gentlemen this OLD Dog don't lie and I am who I say I am . Once I'm done with as I call them ankle biters here I will tie this directly to facebook when I write here . I hope the day will come when Rick will sell this site and he can retire and raise his beautiful children . This old Dog has been through alot . If any of you want conflict in a ring , check out my brother Tony Southard on Facebook . Duck is back after a failed marrige of 21 years . It was tough to hear "Well you've been gone most of our 21 yrs . I got lonely. I have seven children 4 by my x wife and some as we call them cable babies . Chit hurts , then I fall in love with another woman to have her die of bladder cancer. Crushed me. Too much death sometimes . Pick yourself up dust yourself off and get the job done. Wisdom comes with age !!!! Please gentlem no more slinging. Allow new members to write here , their are some brilliant minds in our industry allow them to share here."Please" Thanks to all those that read what I write . Jerry Whitfield the BigDuck and again to my Brother Mel Rip , I hate funerals, but always go , but this one will hurt. I've grown use to death still numb from all the deaths , Im now use to having a hole in me the wind blows through and the highway is calling . Thanks all Duck
Live Like Your Dieing , If You Can't Run with the BigDogs Stay on the Porch . Never Put Off Until Tomorrow What You Can Do Today .Tomorrow May Never Come.Be Honest That Will Earn You Respect . You Get Paid to do It Once not Twice .
This is CABL.com posting #361991. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGkJ
Posted in reply to: RIP Mel Bernich by bigduck1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: RIP Mel Bernich danimal 5/27/2014 1:19:33 PM