Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is BICSI the way?

I say get your BICSI/RCDD cert it will payoff down the line. I just renewed mine for the first time. I am like you got started in CATV over 20 years ago as an installer. Worked my way up and did everything from building headends and plant construction to sweep and cert. Even spent 7 years building and running operations of plants in Japan on the US Navy bases there.

Did a bunch of the NCTI coures over my career and got an associate in electronics. When I came back to the states I lost out on getting a job as a PM in San Francisco that paid 150K a year because I didn't have my BICSI/RCDD cert. So I went on line and found out where and how to get it. Just google it and you find it easy. Cost me about 400 dollars at the time. Picked up my RCDD in Outside Plant Design.

Now I work for the government overseeing fiber installation into government buildings, schools, fire houses, police stations, airports and other places. Don't make 150K but I'm paid well and the benefits are great. Don't travel as much as I once did but when I do everything is paid for from the airfare and hotel, to the rental car and midnight snack.

The good thing about knowledge is once you have it no one can take it away.

Good luck.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #361922. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbGjC
Posted in reply to: Is BICSI the way? by wdanderson
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Is BICSI the way? wdanderson 5/29/2014 8:37:31 AM
Re: Is BICSI the way? MicroMan 5/27/2014 3:38:26 PM