Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: OTDR Reflections

I have used Bi-Directional at 1550 and 1310. it seems most of my reflections are at Patch Panels. My patch panels are less than 15' apart at some locations and at 1 location it is 7-9' apart. I have cleaned connectors, replaced jumpers, and replaced bulk heads. It has helped but still there I will post traces Monday of before and after. 
 I have checked my loss from end to end and that is not a problem its just the customer doesn't want any reflections. My avg. splice loss is less than .10 on 9 out of 10 traces. I do have some gainers but not many. I have a few splices that show more loss than what I would like but over all the numbers are good. I have respliced several of these and some get a little better others stay the same or a little worse. these are all locations of old fiber to new or old commscope to old lucent. 
 The Customer had there expert come in and look at it, he was ok with everything said to just note where the panels are close together. They are suppose to come back and do more test I am not sure what all just a bunch of acronems. I am wanting to learn more about all these test and what things mean, just not sure where to find the information. I have been reading alot but hands on is so much better. 

Thanks for all the information and help, you guys are great.
This is CABL.com posting #361098. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbF6k
Posted in reply to: Re: OTDR Reflections by SpectrumAd
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: OTDR Reflections idaho 3/29/2014 9:31:37 AM
Re: OTDR Reflections RF2Lite2RF 3/28/2014 10:06:38 PM