Create your free account now! Sign up

Answer For the Tree Man

Seeing as one of my retorts was sent to the cornfield and another was deleted totally by the powers that be I will post my retort here, planted in the cornfield on my own terms.

First of all your reply failed to answer any of the questions I asked you.

If your business costs rise by 30% how would you offset them?

1: Do you simply eat the cost and make less money?

2: Do you raise your prices to offset the cost increase?

3: Do you cut costs in your operation (ie, labor)?

4: Do you use a combination of any of the above?

Here’s some other questions for you to duck..

Seeing as most if not all businesses will use at least one of the above to offset any rise in the cost of labor.

What good is $10.10 an hour going to do someone if they lose hours or jobs due to the rise?

Also as the cost of everything from milk to safety pins is going to go up in price to offset a rise in the minimum wage, what good is a raise if you’re stuck in the same boat you were before?

While your tree analogy did nothing to answer my questions I can’t help but see it is a very good analogy of Trickle Down Economics, something you liberals claim does not work, but here you are touting it is how things should be done. Talk about irony…lol The only difference is that you (liberals) would force the tree to shed its leaves. Then you tend to keep doing so until the tree dies.

Conservatives would let the tree shed its leaves naturally, like they do in the fall. After it’s healthy and can survive the winter. Ever notice how some trees hold their leaves longer than others?

You say I only think of business in dollars and cents. How else do you run a business? If you aren’t paying attention to the dollars and cents in a business you’re running you will not be in business long.

You say “I think in productivity and the natural flow of life.  Give to the bottom; they will help increase the top, the other way around, never works.” Just where do Think you get whatever it is that you’re giving to the bottom?

I’ll use your analogy to answer the question. “Think of it like a tree, the leaves at the top, fall down to the bottom, and provides nutrients for the roots, which enables the tree to grow more leaves.  Shave a little off the top, to feed the bottom, and watch the top grow.” THERE”S THE TRICKLE DOWN. You just have to have a healthy tree before you shave the top. Right now most trees are not healthy, they are just surviving through the winter and there are no leaves.

One last question Mr. Tree; What if they are conifers?
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #360308. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFTA
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Answer For the Tree Man Trey9007 2/10/2014 4:16:09 PM
Re: Answer For the Tree Man Trey9007 2/10/2014 3:41:51 PM