Create your free account now! Sign up

MoCA Filters that filter 1GHZ to 2GHZ

Hey guys. Been a long time since I've been on here, and now I have a scenario I need help with so thought I would post for help. I'm working in a new system after being out of cable for a bit. I'm working with multi-room dvr setups that also have a modem in the mix. The problem I have been encountering lately is modems online and locked in that cannot surf out of the blue for customers. I've been told that these MoCA filters that we put on at the taps outside (to keep subscribers multi-room setups from affecting other subscribers nearby) are also needed directly behind some modems in some cases to get the modems surfing again on trouble calls. The ususal provisioning procedures and device swaps have all been covered at this point, and when these filters are put on, the modem starts surfing again. It doesn't make any sense to me at all because of the downstream and upstream frequencies where the modems talk at are below 1GHZ. I've also noticed I've been able to get the modems surfing again by plugging them directly into taps outside, then bringing them back in to their original outlet, without the filter. And before anyone mentions signal and return level issues, the specs are -5 to +5 down in our system and 40's on the return levels, and that's where the devices are running at the time. I suppose I need to hook in to the drop at the tap and look back towards the premise and look at spectrum anaylzer on my dsam 3300 to see if I see any constant carriers that may be affecting, but still doesn't account for the frequencies in this scenario. Any ideas or is anyone having the same issue elsewhere? Thx ahaead of time for any input.....
This is CABL.com posting #359660. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFI8
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: MoCA Filters that filter 1GHZ to 2GHZ ctek24 1/24/2014 3:45:49 PM
Re: MoCA Filters that filter 1GHZ to 2GHZ 4x4hog 1/19/2014 2:21:11 AM
Re: MoCA Filters that filter 1GHZ to 2GHZ toylime 1/10/2014 8:17:59 PM
Re: MoCA Filters that filter 1GHZ to 2GHZ WaCableTech 1/6/2014 1:42:28 PM