Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Incentive Question

To answer your question, a bonus check or an untaxed gift card is what we are looking for. The incentive programs I have been a part of were weekly or monthly based on a quota, with a flexible bonus paid depending on how much over quota one achieved. I have always been on the const/tech side of the business, but watch how the installers and service techs are paid and how a small bonus gives them something to strive for.

Example 1: If you are trying to get a little bit of competition going in the shop to drive up all the numbers, hand out the gift cards to the guys with the best numbers at your weekly/monthly meetings. I'm sure a $50 and a $25 card for the top two guys wouldn't hurt you financially and would give the guys both a monetary boost and a feeling that their contribution is recognized and appreciated.

Example 2: The company owner makes a fair profit at an average of 2000' a day of coax splicing at $.30 a ft. and pays out $.15 a ft. As a splicer lets say one splices 12,000' in a given week, the owner then pays out at $.175 a ft for the extra 2000' resulting in a bonus of $50 on top of the $1800 he made that week. Again the amount isn't a lot, it is more about your employees feeling that you recognize and appreciate the hard work they do.

The end result is a work force that will be loyal and go out of their way to help out in a pinch.

(All numbers are for ease of the math and in no way reflect current pricing)
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Winston Churchill
This is CABL.com posting #358309. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbFnl
Posted in reply to: Incentive Question by CatvManiac
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Incentive Question whocares1984 10/22/2013 4:52:55 PM