Create your free account now! Sign up

CAL-TEX Communications

If you are EVER offered a job working for this company, beware of empty promises. I had the worst work experience of all time dealing with these folks. Initially I was contacted by a guy named Bryant Richmond to come perform surveys for $35 each. I was told I could do at least ten a day. That never happened. The most we ever completed was 8 and that was only once. we averaged roughly 4-6 per day which was about half of what was promised. Then the work was supposed to be performed in Greenville S.C., but most of the work was about 90 miles away in Asheville NORTH CAROLINA. We were told that pay was weekly. But we had to wait THREE weeks for the fisrt check which we only had 2 days worth of work on that check. So in essence we were working out of our own pockets spending no less than $40 daily just for gas. Sound like a company you want to work for???? Then the criteria for the surveys changed about 3-4 times and we were told we had to go back, FOR FREE to obtain the additional information that wasnt initially on the survey form. Instructions were never really made clear. If you drove over an hour to get pictures (which were not a requirement either until later) I expected to be paid. But if you missed one piece of information, they took THE WHOLE $35 back from you. Additionally, you pretty much were responsible for providing your own roommate or they were going to charge you half the room. I didnt have a problem with a roommate, but one of their contractors that I was to share a room with never showed up, so I was charged his half. If you hear the name PAXTON or BRYANT concerning CALTEX, beware. Paxton will appear really nice and down to earth until he leaves to go elsewhere. Then you will find out how he really is. Bryant is only concerned about what his take home is even though he's supposed to be the lead. They have another project coming up in the Carolinas and I'm sure they'll tell you that you can make tons of money, but I doubt if you ever see as much as they tell you you will make. I have a copy of the survey form and all the information they required. The cheasiest hotel will be offered. The rate was $125 per person, yet I am being charged in excess of $400 for not even THREE weeks of stay. I was given ONE company shirt but was charged for 2 and the background check was taken out of my check. All I'm saying is BEWARE and make sure you know who you're dealing with. To go al the way up there and barely make $1000 for three weeks was a complete and utter waste of my time!!!! I have contacted an attorney and that is a headache in itself because of CalTex's location....BEWARE!!!!
This is CABL.com posting #356579. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEVr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: CAL-TEX Communications brentpick 7/29/2013 12:00:32 PM