Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv's Contractor Pricing for Upgrades/Swap

Perfectly written and 100% correct. I've been keeping tabs as well.

It's NOT just contractors, most of the in-house technicians are seeing the same and 'complaining' and/or reporting it to their HSP supervisors. It happens DAILY and has become more frequent in the last year.

It costs DTV around $150-$200 to roll a tech for a service call, but if its an upgrade they end up making money.

On the positive side, it won't be a chargeback/rollback then. LOL

I love the 'upgrades' that go from all legacy/Standard Def to a Genie with clients....

As far as installing additional receivers on an upgrade, it depends whom you are working for.  I get paid for additional receivers on an upgrade, as well as for a decas, odu upgrades etc....if it is indeed a swap/relocate, I call and modify the order and get paid for it also. On my larger upgrades, I end up making over $100+. So it depends WHO you contract for/with.

As far as pole mounts as a contractor...if the customer is unwilling to pay for the pole mount as custom work, I won't put it in-that's that (I let the customer know I pay for my supplies, and charge for my labor). If the customer wants it for FREE: a) he can do it himself (he buys all the supplies etc - so it's not free either); b) he can request an in-house technician to do it with DTV supplies. You are a contractor, charge for extra custom work!
This is CABL.com posting #356170. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEOQ
Posted in reply to: Directv's Contractor Pricing for Upgrades/Swaps by WorkHardGetPaid
There is 1 reply to this message