Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What is DirecTV like now?

Installs are more straightforward on the newer SWM system.  1 line off satellite will run 8 TUNERS...anything over 8 TUNERS you will still need 4 lines to switch.  Most systems are now hooked to internet (which most people have) which covers the call backs and you get paid to put in a DECA (internet module) either wifi or hardwired to coax...IF they do NOT have internet, you generally have to hook up 20-30% phone lines....all this off course is based on WHOM you sub for....and the 70/15 is what you state....but that also depends on where and whom you sub for....

Again, depending on the market and what system DirecTV has implemented lately..YOU shouldn't be over-worked, but there ARE still markets out there that can do it...most of them now use a system that TRIES to route you CLOSE to your house....I call it SKYNET....it only gives you so many jobs based on time-frame....which can be bad if you like doing a lot of work in one day...if you don't close your jobs, skynet will not give you any more work etc even if you WANT more work they can not assign it...there are ways around it to get more work...but IF you use ONLY their new system, and ONLY do the jobs you are assigned, you will NOT be making the money you are used to.....Going from the old manual assigment of jobs to the new skynet system...if I don't pick up more work, I would be losing money.....

Hope that helps...
This is CABL.com posting #354882. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEt4
Posted in reply to: What is DirecTV like now? by wdanderson
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What is DirecTV like now? wdanderson 5/23/2013 9:28:48 PM