Create your free account now! Sign up

Local Cable System vs Contractor

As a full service video-data-voice- aerial and UG prime contractor,  I'm always amused when I drive by an apparent cable related field problem with the local system and there are 3-4 cable trucks /men responding to the problem. 
This same MSO wants us contractors to work for rates paid 5-10 years ago, yet they can pay their inexperienced in house guys to do a hit and miss taking hours to finding the problem. 
Wages/vehicle cost/tools/equipment/insurance/work comp/safety/taxes/Overhead/profits is not taken into consideration by the MSO,  when us contractors are hired to do that same work task, that is costing them twice as much using their own guys. 
I guess they don't worry about the cost using their own guys, all they have to do is just raise their rates "Again" pissing off the end user-subscriber.
Contracting to a qulified company is always cheaper/less expensive than using in house crews doing trail and error work.
They will never learn this as they are to busy trying to squeeze the that last dollar out of the end user "Again"
Wake Up MSO's...Your competition is beating on your door and they have a heavy hammer...Pissed Off end user-the subscriber-the customer        !!!!!!
AKA: microman........................................................................Be Safe Guys!
This is CABL.com posting #354599. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbEpv
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Local Cable System vs Contractor Shane FOUNTAIN 5/13/2013 2:39:11 PM
Re: Local Cable System vs Contractor 1FARMER 5/13/2013 11:44:48 AM