Create your free account now! Sign up

DIRECTV And DISH.....When will enough be enough?!

Before I get too far, this forum is to provide information and get information. If you feel the need to throw your two cents in and be part of the problem instead of the solution then why comment!?

Now, On to the thread......

With being in this industry for almost 14 years, I, along with many others, have seen a lot of change with pay, managemnet, matrix scores, and the general BS that has rolled down the food chain. After finally having my fill of the BS, I have moved from Dish and DirecTV. I will be spending a lot of time this year going after the people that ripped me off last year. Maybe I get some of it back and maybe I won't. The only sure thing I do know is that I would gladly give up every red cent to bring some justice to those that feel its ok to steal from techs.

With that being said, what do we do about the people behind the bigger picture who continue to be at Dish and DirecTV's beck and call? Instead of telling them "NO", it just goes to show that all the blame is not on these two companies alone.

With more and more rules being set by both Dish and DirecTV, it needs to be the companies subbing that come together and stop these rampant chargeback and illegal business practices.

DirecTV charges EVERY customer with HD service an MRV fee. If the customer doesn't have but one tv, they still get charged. (just a little computer glitche to make more money off the customer without them knowing). DTV also changed their policy and how they charge for the CW channel. As of 2010, the channel is no longer available for free unless you had it prior to the law change. DTv has decided that it would charge EVER customer 3.50 and automatically apply this to your bill for east and west coast CW. Even if you are grandfathered in and get to keep channel 14, you still get charged.

We are aware that these companies are often to blame for adding hidden charges to bills. Look at verizon! They lost and had to pay when they settled for mysterious charges in your bill every month.

What about the company that pruposely breaks the law. DTv is now making a part of their matrix that you "MUST" attain over 90% on getting the customer to sign up for the Protection Plan. So, if you don't forge the PP on the W/O, you risk losing your job becasue you don't meet matrix. Does anyone see anything wrong with this picture!!!!!  It's againt the law!! As a tech, you could be held accountable for fraud since you are not divulging the cost to the customer when you check the box or have them sign.

I heard from a buddy that Dish black balled a tech for charging a csutomer 20 bucks. Aslo illegal.

This industry has gotten to the point where you have to sell your soal to make a dollar. When will techs stand and rise together to stop what is going on? All I ever get are calls telling me about what's going on but nobody wants to do anything to change it! You could just stop working. You could all strike until it changes. At least if techs did that then the nation news would get ahold of it and wonder why. Do you really think that Dish and DTV would want that to happen? They know that by history, most of you will continue taking it like you always have. At this rate, they will have your soal becasue in the end, you can only blame yourself for not doing anything about it.

As for the companies subbing from the HSP......... They need to all ban together and just stop as well. They need techs and if everyone would just stop working, they would have no choice but to rethink their policy.

If you are a satellite customer, you need to research the current class actions or even start one for what thay are doing. Not until enough people hit them deep into their pockets will the craziness stop. Corporate greed will always be around. Unless people stop them, they will steal from everyone they can to get ahead in this world.

There is strength in numbers!

This is CABL.com posting #352808. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDWC
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: DIRECTV And DISH.....When will enough be enoug vegassatellite 2/19/2013 10:30:07 PM