Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what would it take?????

It's at the point where there are more hacks out there than good techs. Some have never been trained to do the job, some just don't care. With what a lot of the primes are paying it's getting hard to find people willing to do the job, let alone do it right and take some pride in their work.
Case in point went out to check a fiber job today, while I was on site a the building manager says they just had new hardline installed and their pics are garbage, would I mind looking at it for him so he can get it fixed. I went to the first tap in line, cable is kinked in about 4 or 5 places, highend of the signal is in the dirt, lowend is there but should be better. I take the face plate off the tap and there is 2" of entrey pin past the seizure screw. Took the connector apart and they hadn't even cleaned the center conductor off. Asked the guy who built this abortion, and he said the company he hired sent out 3 Mexicans and they did everything. I told him to call the company have them send out someone who knows what their doing and not pay them until they fix it. I didn't even bother to look at the other 8 floors of the building.
I'm seeing more and more of this kind of garbage.
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #352612. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDTs
Posted in reply to: Re: what would it take????? by runnindrops
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: what would it take????? brentpick 2/12/2013 8:14:29 PM