Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work

Becasue everyone espects to get rich over night. As with anything in this crazy world, the prices are up and the work ethics are down. Some guy mentioned about a mechanic that charges 75hr. Well, as I have seen with all too many shops, they over charge based on what if's! The book says it may be one thing or another so thay charge you the max. I was going to be charged 3400 for something that the book told them and when we took it to another shop, it cost 200 becasue he actually replaced the part that was broken and used common sence.

These guys that get on here and moan about 200 hr are the same guys that want millions over night and want things handed to them. We all know that prices are not what they used to be or even should be so we do with what we have and those of us that make over 2,000 a week becasue we like to work will always succeed in whatever we do. The guys that make 800 will only make 800 because they have no drive to do any better. You have to make the best of what you have. When I did drops I was doing 20-30 a day to spec. Same thing with satellite installs....Crank out 4-5 a day to spec. This isn't becasue I had to but becasue I have drive to succeed. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that if they had 10 of me then they wouldn't ever need anyone else. Yes, I toot my own horn but it's becasue I have drive to be better than everyone else and I continue to challenge myself. I will be in NY tomorow and even with the BS that is there, I will still make 2,000 in my sleep. Within another two weeks I will be cranking out around 3-4. With an economy thats crap for cable and satellite techs, you go after it when it's there.
This is CABL.com posting #350015. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbDdz
Posted in reply to: Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work by JayCATV
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work Shane FOUNTAIN 11/7/2012 6:57:16 AM
Re: Nothing exciting about the storm work bushmaster 11/7/2012 6:57:10 AM