Create your free account now! Sign up

Another "what would you do" question???

We've been working on a large stimulus job and have not been paid a penny since we started in May. We are working for the prime and are now owed close to 250k - they've used every trick in the book as to why they haven't paid anything....the main reason being they haven't been paid themselves. We talked to the owner/CEO and recipient of the $25,000,000 stimulus to let him know that his prime contractor has not paid us anything on his job and he basically said that he has paid them everything, he paid them every week and if we want our money we need to talk to the company we worked for. In other words, in a polite way he said, "I'm not helping because I don't HAVE to help and I'm not obligated too".
The company we were working for wanted us to do another 17 miles but we told them we weren't doing anymore work unless they paid us a substantial amount of money for what they owed us, which they didn't, so we pulled out. That was almost 1 month ago and they have been putting us off since. I know they are broke - I found out today that two of their supervisors are quitting and I have a feeling it's because they can't even make their in-house payroll.
With this being a federal stimulus job and federal money I would think the owner of the job would have more liability than saying, "I paid my prime and can't help it if they didn't pay you so talk to them and leave me alone"

What steps should we take? Thanks for any help or advice yall can give me.
This is CABL.com posting #346622. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCkQ
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Another "what would you do" question lucastic 8/2/2012 4:11:11 PM
Re: Another "what would you do" question skidmark167 8/2/2012 1:21:25 PM
Re: Another "what would you do" question starbux 8/1/2012 3:16:59 PM
Re: Another "what would you do" question SpeedLasher 8/1/2012 2:50:21 PM