Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What would you do???

I guess I don't know too much about your work and all the permits you have to go get.  Sounds like a hassle.  If I was gonna go through the hassle that job better be mine.  If not I would walk out knowing someone else is doing it.  Or did they have that part of the contract?  If they wanna hire people to not go through the precautions your supposed to they are just hurting themselves.  I like the idea of calling 811 and taking your name off the ticket.  I don't know how much of that you can do.  The way I look at it is the quicker you can clear your name from any part of it the better.

Like you said you don't want them coming after you thinking you did it.  If they are supposed to be there I would wait till they get done with their part before I even showed.  I would explain that to your pm.  Let him know you don't wanna work around people who practice unsafe work.  That is not an unreasonable request.  If they see it is, well just move on.

There are enough people out there who do not wanna do things right and when they have to come back or get hurt, they will try and bill the prime.  Especially if they are working without WC.
This is CABL.com posting #346455. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbCh9
Posted in reply to: What would you do??? by Underground38
There are 0 replies to this message