Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How do we fix it?

I am not saying the money is better by any means, the expenses are indeed more and yes the mso is profiting more. That said, my guys make more than thier inhouse counterparts, nearly double therfore in my book it is better to be contract. So the work is more complicated today I agree with that but is it safe to say that the mso's over paid for some of the work we did back in the day? I remember when phone first came out my dad got paid $90 that was for the niu that they installed next to the nid and ran but one line so is $90 too much? I think so, I pay in one system $30 and another $42.50 and the guys have to do a hell of a lot more. Not saying guys did all hack work back in the day but at all, but is it not realistic to say if the mso would have implemted some standards way back would we have to be doing all the work we are doing today? We agree that the mso's are indeed screwing us but are the primes not also? I have a 90% contract in a TWC system out west and the rates there are nearly double some of my other rates. That is the difference in the Prime-sub contract and a corp-corp contract. Oh and my contracts all specify that I do not pay for or provide materials.
This is CABL.com posting #343507. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBwB
Posted in reply to: Re: How do we fix it? by Wobbie
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How do we fix it? Wobbie 5/11/2012 12:44:30 AM