Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv Inhouse

I agree. It takes more than answering a few "how do I..." calls and sorting a few routes to really be a manager. If you are in charge of a bunch of techs, you need to be actively engaging them to look for ways to help them improve. You look at whatever numbers the MSO, etc., is providing you and you sit down with your techs one-on-one and show them where they are lagging and show them where they are doing well. This way, techs are conscientious of what is in need of improvement. I believe you should also be on the lookout for situations such as techs that aren't producing. If they aren't making healthy paychecks, you need to identify that tech as someone likely to quit. Since it costs more to train new techs than to keep old ones, you work with the ones that are at-risk of leaving by trying to find ways to improve their income, see if there are any areas of their life that might be affecting their work, etc. If they're slow at a particular task, pair them up with someone who is quick at it. That's what a good manager does, he manages. He makes his employees more productive and happier.
This is CABL.com posting #343059. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbBpn
Posted in reply to: Re: Directv Inhouse by dfwdtv
There are 0 replies to this message