Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Just heard a rumor, wonder if there is any tru

Cool your jets..................The history of contractor services was always..."contractually controlled" ..........so that the customer (CATV owner or SAT operator) hired contractors to provide labor and materials to furnish services. There was a specification published into the contract that was presented for bid. The rest of the world still does business in this manner...............Where it comes off the track is where the customer starts insisting that they control the source of the materials or direct the details of accomplishing the tasks. .............It is the money offered that is important. .........If Charter wants to try what you suggest they have to get techs to accept that crap..........Then, CATV operators are more specific about the style of hardware used on their plant................So I bet it don't happen.Joe..............AND AN AFTERTHOUGHT:...............I have repaired (by reinstalling) satellite installations that were done by CATV tech using CATV company materials. I know they were CATV materials because no satellite installer would use orange safety rg6 but the local Charter operation used it for temp runs until their UG contractor could work. It could be that Charter couldn't balance their material costs because cable installers were moonlighting in sat installations.........Just a thought...............Joe
joe
This is CABL.com posting #341834. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA5C
Posted in reply to: Just heard a rumor, wonder if there is any truth t by PantherFan
There are 0 replies to this message