Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Tow truck business???

I am not in the Tow Truck business.  I have thought about it myself.  I have talked to a few tow truck drivers and even knew a tow truck manager of a company.

Here are my findings.
AAA pays pretty poor but steady.
Long hours 14 plus hours a day.
On-Call means you sit in a truck waiting for work.

The real money comes to repos. But with repos come with armed people. (id work in a state where you can have a weapon concealed permit)
Another thing I have hears is you have some heavy gear you could use to protect yourself.
That 20-30% sounds right for repos.

From what I heard you can get somewhere from 20-45 to hook and somewhere around 1 a mile for regular cars.

I don't know if I would get into towing Trucks.  They typically have to remove the axle.  Then you have a 72 ft truck and trailer behind you.  The one's that towed my truck took over an hour hooking.

Cars I have seen them do it in 30 minutes.

Just remember it is like cable or satellite or any other service business... Hurry up get there and get to the next one.  Don't care how do it quick and do it right.  Blah Blah.  Then you might sit in your truck making nothing for a few hours.

Nice thing is as long as there are cars on the road there will always be a need.  And of course there is no such thing as an "install" just hook and drop, battery service and fuel service.

This is CABL.com posting #341722. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA3O
Posted in reply to: Tow truck business??? by salesdawg
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Tow truck business??? SpeedLasher 4/2/2012 2:43:54 AM
Re: Tow truck business??? salesdawg 4/1/2012 11:23:02 PM