Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Question for you techincal guys

vegassattelite modems in a comcast system havent been Node specific for a long time. They havent been that way since we used to install them for a company called "@Home" around 10 -12 years ago. When you did a job then it was a pain in the ass sometimes wed have to hookup some device that i forget what its called right now and shoot all the way back to the head end. then someone at headend would be able to tell us what node we were in and we could get it right on the account and then it would get online. Once comcast got rid of @Home they werent node specific anymore and all the techs I know had a "test modem". basically you stole a modem took it home hooked it up and when it came to the walled garden screen you just entered a customers user name and password that you wrote down on your workorder. then it would let you in and you had free cable modem for about 6 months. uncapped, fast as shit. 6 months go by theyd shut it off, get out workorders again and put in someone else user name n password and back on 4 another 6 months. that worked for like 4 years. we all had one for the house, and we all had one that we carried around for work. doing cable modem installs and having a known working cablemodem that you could bring in to rule out problems was a huge asset. Also since they werent node specific you could use them anywhere in the entire system. It was great. They have since closed that loophole and the only way is to clone accounts as you say. Ive not messed with anything like that, but i have read stuff about it and it does exist. .
This is CABL.com posting #341573. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbA1p
Posted in reply to: Re: Question for you techincal guys by vegassatellite
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Question for you techincal guys KrellcomComm 3/30/2012 10:15:49 PM