Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DirecTV SUCKS

You lost me at basement. We don't have those around here. I live in Maricopa, AZ. We've had 4080% growth from 1000 people to 40,000 since 2000. That 4000% growth is all new build cookie cutter construction with block wall fences enclosing the back yard, including the side yard in most cases. Prewired with RG6 to a prewire can that's about knee-high. In other words, I'm in pre-wire central here and not wrapping houses. The cable company out here, Orbitel, sucks. They are in 80% of the homes out here because of HOA contracts yet so few have them. The times I do run into a home that does, I'm there because they are dropping them and bundling with Centurylink. So I'm not even fighting with putting a receiver in the same room as a cable modem most of the time.

The original argument was whether you can make money on DirecTV or not. Even if your above scenario took all of 2 hours, if you are on a $75/15 piece rate, that would total $120 for a 4 room install. I'm even leaving out the KAKU pay and possible DECA and DPP pay from that scenario. Now, I know you have gas, tools, materials, vehicle wear & tear, insurance, taxes, etc. Even if all that consumes 2/3rds of your pay, that would leave you $40 for that two hours, or about $20/hour.

$20/hour does not suck last time I checked.
This is CABL.com posting #341262. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAWo
Posted in reply to: Re: DirecTV SUCKS by Wobbie
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: DirecTV SUCKS Wobbie 3/21/2012 4:43:24 PM