Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DirecTV SUCKS

So...I'm guessing you're all saying you're doing 5 to 6 installs a day???? I can agree with an hour and 1/2 for a four room SWim from start of install to finish. But look at it this way. ring doorbell, customer answers door. 2 minutes. greet customer, walk in house, find T.V. locations, find home run and walk outside...5 minutes. Survey house, check L.O.S. (no ladder needed) 3 minutes. back into house,, explain, or as Vegas says, "sale" dish location and bak to basement to find and confirm point of entry for SWiM feed...5 minutes. That's 15 minutes there. Grab tool belt, drill,cable, mast (no mastec tape on mast as we are installing on the side of the house), zip ties and struts. Head to side of house...5 minutes. Mount mast, struts route cable to point on entry...5 minutes. Drill hole to basement, back inside to basement. fittings, ground wire, to splitter. map lines, connect splitter 5 minutes. back to truck, assemble dish, point,peak,dither,lock in dish. 5 minutes. back to truck...grap 4 recievers, four remotes, welcome pack, HDMI's PI21, cable jumpers and treat for customers dog....5 minutes. Back inside.....knock over T.V. stand...unplug VCR (need another power source for PI21) connect PI21. Disco cable box, use cable box power cord and existing HDMI. HD/DVR powers up, skip download.....10 minutes. Kick family dog out of the way and ignore customers kid...hell...he's getting in the way and fucking with my tools. Head down hallway to master bedroom.....now I'm pissed, the damned lady didn't move that damned armour away from the wall like I "ASKED" her to. save time...don't mention it to customer...do it myself....FUCK...disco cable feed from T.V. connect reciever to cable, plug in reciever, connect HD reciever to this P.O.S. non HD TV. 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat in 2nd bedroom. Hed to family room, trip over the damned kids toys that I asked customer to pick up, damned dog is in the way again.....connnect reciever...5 minutes. Activate recievers....5 minutes. Customer ed 10 minutes. Explain paperwork and collect signatures 2 minutes. Total time on job???? Priceless.
This is CABL.com posting #341249. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAWb
Posted in reply to: Re: DirecTV SUCKS by squirel
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: DirecTV SUCKS vegassatellite 3/21/2012 9:45:55 AM