Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: If we are truly contractors shouldn't we turn

take for instance all the WildBlue postings. After I finally got the contract and read it, they told me I could only charge 49 bucks for a pole mount. Wait.....Material for a Wb install cost 40, so in the end, you end up getting 9 dollars. The guy tried to tell me that he has a 300,000 dollar house and he would never let someone put a pole in his yard. BS! who wants 10 holes in their roof and a dish that can manage 100 mph wind flying on it??? He tried to tell me that it was DirectSat's policy and on top of that, I have to turn any custom money I do make into him. The crap never ends!!!!! The good side of it is that I found a couple retailers to install for who charge the going rate for a pole mount, routers, computer issues, networking, wall fishes or anything else that's not listed as Standard. Take your fullfilment and shove it up you kazoo and when all these techs finally see what's happening, maybe they will see the light and stick up for themselves. The reason why I know he's full of crap is that everyone else installing for DSAT is charging 99 for the pole mount.

As long as we continue to let these people run over us to make a buck, then they will. Most techs will gladly bend over and take it which amazes me since all they do is moan and groan about unfair it is. Granted you may have less stress doing WB but after driving 3-400  miles in a day for 3 jobs, you won't make a dime in the end and all you've done is line their pockets even deeper!
This is CABL.com posting #340151. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAEt
Posted in reply to: Re: If we are truly contractors shouldn't we turn by drifterdawg
There is 1 reply to this message