Create your free account now! Sign up

The Lineman away from home

It takes a certain kind of man to make a lineman, along with a woman to share her love,home and time.
Our road is certainly a tough one he knows, and it is just as tough being alone, watching a setting sun by yourself, is this what life is all about.
It's tough being without a family for weeks at a time, and knowing when you leave, your home is a motel, all alone without any chow
But for some reason he loves his job, and for some reason he can't leave it to others, so it's more work making a pay check just for mother 
It's tough for him to sleep at nights, because of the torture of not being with the family,so it makes sleep his next nightly fight.
He wakes up the next morning and goes to work, only to have a major safety quirk
He comes within inches of dying,  but safety training has saved his life, Thanking God for each breath he takes,
He then thinks about what could've been, him dying and his family hearing that it was his end.
He then kneels and cries out loud, is it really worth day after day, but knowing his family is safe at home, does easy his pain.
He can't wait to get back home,  to hug his loved ones, but he know he can't, more work for him,  as his bucket keeps running
So each morning,  he puts on his boots, he thanks God for letting him live on, just get me to the next pole, cause he don't give a hoot
And when he leaves for his next job, he thanks God for giving him time to see his family just one more time, just in-case it's his last trip.
He says GoodBye, I'll see you to the kids, a big hug for the mom, take care of them hon...I'll see you later on. 
As he leave he looks one last time, I guess it is worth it after all, just me-jack daniels and a punch list a mile long.

submitted by Josh Royster...................................................................................................................................microman
This is CABL.com posting #339991. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbABT
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: The Lineman away from home johnmc3 2/22/2012 7:34:05 AM
Re: The Lineman away from home venom56 2/22/2012 7:08:30 AM
Re: The Lineman away from home stephensexton 2/22/2012 6:59:48 AM
Re: The Lineman away from home Z/FIBER1TECH 2/22/2012 6:55:12 AM
Re: The Lineman away from home gococks 2/22/2012 5:22:30 AM