Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: TWC whole house checks must pass!!!!!

Ah yes the good old days of fudging levels on a hand written work order are long gone. Techs should be held accountable for the levels on the job to maintain subscriber satisfaction. I hear guys gripe about the dvr upgrade that turns into a nightmare and I get it. However I never hear about techs walking into a fresh install and having all wires in place and up to spec, whereas all they have to do is install the cpe and roll. It all plays out on a curve. Some jobs are better than others. That is the nature of the game. I prefer to run a housecheck rather than a BC it is faster and cleaner. Less calls to dispatch equal less time on the job. As far as TWC in Northern New England if a tech walks into a dvr upgrade and has to replace a wire to a modem, we add a $9 solution code and gain points for the job. If it is the drop and we replace it we add a $2 to the solution codes and gain points for the job. However if it is a fresh install you own it. No doubt the market price for cable techs have declined but I don't put all the blame on the operator but also the contract companies sending out ill trained greenbeans without proper support. If primes would start running the warehouses like a business and less like a clubhouse maybe things might be different. Afterall there is a lot to be said for integrity on both sides. That is my unbiased opinion formed from sixteen years in the industry.
This is CABL.com posting #339810. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbAyY
Posted in reply to: Re: TWC whole house checks must pass!!!!! by scarltonark
There are 0 replies to this message