Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: WAKE UP Installers!!!

I don't think a union is the way to go.  The way anything goes is a business has to make a profit.  If it does not make a profit, It can try to operate all its moneys out of savings and hope, or it can get rid of people and pay others less.

Union or not that is how it is done.  The only thing people can really do is get out, or improve yourself.  Being a Tech in the Directv world was never as fun as it should have been.  I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of BS.  The whole point of it taking only 6 weeks to train someone is not a good safe job to rely on.  Especially in a bad economy.

When things get better (if they ever do) prices will have to rise.

I have been able to go work out in the oil fields doing satellite installs, but again its not a 6 week course to get going.  You really have to do your homework.  That is the biggest thing.  How much did it really take you to get into the position you are in now?  And how soon can they get someone else in there?

If I had a choice to work for McDonalds for 8 an hour or make 800 in a day, What would that McDonald worker think?

I'm going for the 800 a day.  Thats what they would be thinking about.  How many of those days are you gonna see? and how much are you gonna keep?  The McDonald worker does not know the answer and does not care.  He knows that he can make the 800 in a day.

So until that is no longer true, I don't care if you have a union or not.  There are more McDonald workers than there are Techs.  Out here they are like churches.  Theres a McDonalds and A curch on every street corner.
This is CABL.com posting #338113. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbz7B
Posted in reply to: Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! by RickTob
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: WAKE UP Installers!!! Nilsonhernandez 1/20/2012 12:09:36 AM