Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Contractor or Employee by add?

This is what I've been saying for years on other unrelated forums. Go to the freaking IRS website and read for yourself. I went that route smoothly already. Just google or visit the IRS ONLY and read the rules. They are clearly written.

They have a 20 point checklist. If you have any doubts just fill out a simple form called ss-8 and send it in. The company will be red flagged instantly and the IRS WILL LOOK INTO IT AND RESPOND. It does take time but the issue is put down to rest once and for all. But you have to fill the form and let them know to get the ball rolling. Other than that, you are wasting time talking to idiot employees that think they are contractors in here.(if this offends then you are an employee or an idiot,lol)

The IRS doesn't care about written contracts or he said she said, or what kind of work you do or who tells you what car to drive and what color they want it painted...they only care that classified correctly and are not circumventing (going around, skimping) on them. They will get their tax revenue either from you directly (1099) or from the company that pays you (employee) someone's gotta pay up. So people are making money and when uncle sam comes to collect every year, they start pointing the finger at each other all the time. So the IRS came up with some rules that been around for decades to inform the money making public who's footing the tax bill. And they clearly talk about control, decisions, billing, competition, tools and materials, instructions etc etc etc

Why argue with illiterate techs that can't spell or use spell checker on this forum? If you can't type or spell clearly, you probably are disorganized, you don't read information on the IRS website, you don't file your 1099's quarterly and accurately, you probably drink or sniff your profits...why are you doing a job that requires attention to details?

This subject keeps coming up frequently in here, but asked in many different ways. They should make a sticky or use my input as one.

Be safe and profitable everyone. I wish everyone in here prosperity

This is CABL.com posting #336364. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzFo
Posted in reply to: Re: Contractor or Employee by add? by digitalphonemike
There are 0 replies to this message