Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: help with connectivity

Nightlife1970 what west99999 is telling you is dead on. A few things. When you hookup whatever to the internet you must go into the hddvr or hd receiver and hit "connect now". It will then say congratulations your receiver is connected to the internet. The next thing is you have to go in your handheld to activity list, then receiver list and click on the hddvr or hd receiver. there is a field that says LAST CALLBACK. When that field has Todays Date and time then that receiver has sucessfully called back to Directv. If its a 5 box SWM job only 1 box needs to say that and all 5 count. once 1 receiver has a date and time you can unhook everything . If you are looking at this and you are seeing your jobs have callbacks on your handheld and yoiur company is telling you they are not responding, THEN THEY ARE FLAT OUT STEALING FROM YOU. Do you save your work orders ? write down what jobs called back on your work orders and keep track of them. As a matter of fact I hate companies stealing from techs so much that If you look thru your work orders and know jobs that you hooked up then respond back here with all the ACTIVITY NIUMBERS of those jobs and I will look them up for you and tell you if they responded or not, it takes 5 minutes.

What west99999 told you is sort of what i do except i use a usb card that cost 20 dollars a month and a cradlepoint device. i pay 20 bucks a month for that . I keep my numbers around 70 % connectivity so i get about 100-150 extra each month in my check for that , so that covers my usb card. I also add a broadband deca to every job that i do this at and get an exttra 20 dollars each for all those. Also I never run no stupid ass phone lines , with the exception of if they have phone service and have phone jacks sitting right there , i will plug in the jumpers they provide me. I never install phone jacks , never have unless someone is paying me. All in all I spend about 5 -15 minutes each job Fng around with this, its simple really. I get paid and everybodys happy.
This is CABL.com posting #336012. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzzI
Posted in reply to: Re: help with connectivity by Nightlife1970
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: help with connectivity botya 12/1/2011 9:05:38 PM
Re: help with connectivity DigiCommSystems 11/30/2011 12:54:53 PM