Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: directv h25 help

Took me 3hr of playing around at home because I had 5 h25 that I thought were DOA,1.) Let the box load up,select dish type,switch type, hit continue. Don't bother checking signal strength.If you check the signal strength the box will lock up for 3-5 min. Let it go until you get the message " no satellite detected"2.) Press the red reset button, when the screen says "Welcome To Directv" press 0,2,4,6,8 then the Select button to force a software download. Once download completes and Language screen pops up, go ahead and choose dish type and switch type again and continue...The activation screen will popup and you are done.VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT DO THE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD 1ST. Go thru the setup and let it fail by saying "NO SATELLITE DETECTED".It's time consuming but if you download software before the box fails it WILL NOT WORK. Trust me I tried. If you have Directv at home take your H25's and do this process the night before that way it will save you time during your installs. I normally get a 8 way swm splitter and do 8 at 1 time on 1 tv. Let me know if it works for you.
This is CABL.com posting #335593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mbzsX
Posted in reply to: directv h25 help by tw0edge
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: directv h25 help tw0edge 11/19/2011 10:08:22 PM
Re: directv h25 help squirel 11/18/2011 12:07:05 PM