Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Energy Sales

Good reply Alex..

So many different variables. One is try finding a good contract that states that you don't have to worry if your potential customer is past due. I have seen a few contracts where you don't get paid unless the new customer is current with their current provider. I have no idea how they know, but they do. I have several friends that went out and wrote 50 plus accounts and only 8-10 went through for this reason alone.

Another variable is what is the electric company willing to pay for new subs. In the little time the industry has been around the same changes that we are currently seeing in cable are happening to the electric industry. The new cities that are recently deregulated already have chargeback clauses.

Your selling KW is a big concern when getting a contract. Not so much in new markets but in places like Texas where energy has been dereged since 2002. It's a very very tough sale in Texas because everyone knows the energy game. When I was there I enjoyed talking to the "well informed" customers rather than the ones that I had to explain everything to. The ones that knew what they were doing had three questions... Whats the KW price? Average on 1000 or 2000 per month? How long is that rate good for?

So many more obstacles and I could go on forever....

The one good thing is that the electric companies don't seem to be giving just anyone a contract. Seems to me that you have to show years of experience and actual money in the bank to get a contract these days. Energy will soon be deregulated in more states and when those other states open up the cable companies will suffer. It truly is the door to door sale of the future. I just hope idiots don't undercut other idiots like in the cable industry.
This is CABL.com posting #333889. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mby1t
Posted in reply to: Re: Energy Sales by LeadMappingGuru
There are 0 replies to this message